Hi 👋 - welcome to our first Changelog where we will share exciting Rootly product updates on a regular basis. Stay up-to-date by subscribing to our newsletter below!
💌 Sharing Rootly with your Team
Whether you're a team of 20 or 20,000, we want to make it even easier to introduce / onboard your organization to Rootly based on a few guiding principles:
- Reduce work needed to teach others of a new tool
- Accelerate adoption via self-service
- Customizable towards your organization
We are introducing a new Slack command
/rootly tutorial that as the name states is a guided and interactive tutorial of Rootly.
- Comprehensive - takes all users from account setup, creating incidents, and finding help
- Accessible - command can be ran anywhere regardless if you have a Rootly account
- Beautiful - thoughtfully designed to be delightful to use and interact with
- Customizable - anywhere you want to provide additional context, we can link back to your internal docs on Confluence, Google Docs, etc.
🌝 New & Improved
- 🆕 This Changelog you are reading, thank you!
- 🆕 Support for additional incident milestones such as MTTA and MTTD.
- 🆕 Export incidents and metrics as CSV
- 🆕 Incident milestones (MTTA/D/M/R) and timeline in postmortems will reflect your local timezone
- 🆕 Supporting the ability to run Genius Workflows on a delay (e.g remind Slack channel to update postmortem 2 days incident is resolved)
- 💅 We migrated our documentation to docs.rootly.io hosted by Archbee (YC S21) to make it easier to find what you need
- 💅 You can decide what incident updates you want to broadcast to your global #incidents #war-room channels
- 💅 Can multi-select incident conditions such as incident type, services, environments, etc.
- 🐛 Fixed issue where the timer on Genius Workflows were slightly inaccurate
- 🐛 Fixed issue where pinning Slack messages that contained a hyperlink didn't show up
- 🐛 De-duplicate showing the same participant in incidents if the same user was assigned to multiple roles