🤑 Measuring Incident Cost
We are introducing the ability to quantify incident cost. Our customers are looking for a way at quick glance see the estimated and aggregate cost of incidents.
Although there are numerous variables that contribute to this calculation, we are starting with estimated revenue loss.
This will look at your average cost per minute multiplied by duration of the incident.
- Enabled optionally in Organization Settings where you can configure variables
- Displayed in both Metrics tab and on each individual incident in Rootly.com
- Calculation can be based on time to mitigation and/or resolution
- Shows aggregate view (e.g. average cost per month) and per incident basis
- Export metrics out via CSV, JSON, API, or contact [email protected] for custom export builds
- Coming soon - time tracking and developer productivity costs, stay tuned!
🌝 New & Improved
- 🆕 If you import services via PagerDuty, we now run a daily sync to see if more were added, we also check for duplicates
- 🆕 Marking an incident on Rootly as resolved also are reflected in PagerDuty
- 🆕 Auto scrolling added to all pages such as services to make drag and drop easier
- 🆕 When starting to type
/rootlythe suggested text includes popular commands such as new, update, resolve, and help
- 💅 Organizations with lots of spaces in Confluence now load faster when integrating for the first-time
- 💅 We persist the user and remember who you selected last to make editing team memberships easier
- 💅 Rebranding Genius Workflows to just Workflows to provide greater clarity around what it does
- 💅 PagerDuty modal in Slack now better renders all users, especially for organizations that have hundreds to thousands
- 💅 After running
/rootly connectwe now automatically redirect users back to Slack
- 💅 Reduced visual clutter inside of Slack by removing unnecessary emojis (there is a thing as too much!)
- 💅 Cleaned up how Google Docs is displayed in Slack
- 🐛 Fixed issue where pinning events and messages to timeline were delayed
- 🐛 Fixed typos a few typos inside of Slack and integrations
- 🐛 Fixed issue in Confluence when changing the space key did not dynamically update list of pages
- 🐛 Fixed issue where some icons were broken after the switch to Rootly.com
- 🐛 Fixed issue where severity name occasionally rendered the slug instead of display name