🍫 API First and Infrastructure as Code Ready
Our API is now stable and using OpenAPI Specification. This will allow you to programmatically control the platform.
As an API-first company, everything you can do in the UI can be done via our REST APIs without clicking around. View our documentation here.
Now, integrate into existing Infrastructure as Code workflows or build new ones with Rootly.
The use cases are endless. For example:
- Create new incidents automatically from internal tools alerting (e.g. SLOs)
- Export and offload incident metrics to your BI tool of choice
- Automate updating services and creating new teams
Have a custom use case or integration in mind with our API? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Slack and we'll help you build it.
🌝 New & Improved
- 🆕 Ability to specify which fields are required and optional at incident creation time on Slack, previously was only optional by default
- 🆕 Pinning messages to incident timeline displays who sent the message instead of who pinned
- 🆕 Ability to sort and reorder Workflows, making it easier to stay organized
- 🆕 Redesigned our own Rootly internal admin to make it easier to support customers
- 🆕 Built internal tools to support wiping demo data easily for customers that are done testing and moving over to production
- 💅 Cleaned up how selecting marking incident as Mitigated and Resolved looks in Slack
- 💅 Incident timeline now displays system messages coming from Rootly instead of who created the incident
- 💅 Link incident variables to new documentation, stay tuned for V2 where you'll no longer need to leave Rootly to browse
- 🐛 Fixed issue where scheduled maintenance windows would occasionally display as an active incident in UI only
- 🐛 Fixed issue where action items created in Rootly sometimes did not get created in Linear
- 🐛 Fixed issue where Zoom room links were not getting attached to incident notification emails
- 🐛 Fixed issue in Pulses (used for deploy tracking) would occasionally display duplicates