New updates and improvements to Rootly.
🔮 Workflows 2.0 - Next Gen Incident Automation
We are excited to introduce the next generation of our Workflows feature to help automate the entire incident process in a consistent way!
What has changed since Workflows 1.0? Well, now all integrations are supported by our simple but powerful automation engine!
- Zoom / Google Meet
- Confluence / Google Docs
- PagerDuty / Opsgenie
- Jira / Zendesk / Linear / Asana / Trello / Shortcut / ServiceNow / Airtable
Use cases with Workflows 2.0 that you couldn't before? A few examples:
- 🔮 Create Jira tickets on multiple project board depending on which team is impacted
- 🔮 Open a Zoom or Google Meet bridge for high severity (>SEV1) incidents for high bandwidth conversations
- 🔮 Automatically page the Infrastructure team via PagerDuty or Opsgenie whenever the
- 🔮 Use different Confluence or Google Doc postmortem templates if the incident was security related
- 🔮 ...thousands of other combinations to fit your exact incident process!
We make getting started simple too. When you first configure an integration we'll automatically create the Workflow template for you in 1-click. You can go in and modify anything you want later.
We are excited to see what you come up with and build!
🌝 New & Improved
- 🆕 Buyers guide for whether or not you should build or buy an incident management platform: https://rootly.com/buy-vs-build
- 🆕 Add new item to incident timeline via
/rootly timelineinstead of only using an emoji 📌 to pin items
- 🆕 More detail provided in Opsgenie alerts when paged via Rootly to give responders better context
- 🆕 Significant loading and performance improvements on Web UI, especially noticable in incident creation
- 💅 Delayed execution of Workflows now support less than 1 min time increments (e.g. wait 10 seconds)
- 💅 Default Slack channel names use a sequential ID instead of UUID when there is a duplicate to keep name cleaner
- 💅 UI improvement to show whenever a Workflow fails making it more obvious for users where to debug
- 🐛 Fixed issue where modifying mitigate timestamp saved but did not refresh the UI
- 🐛 Fixed issue where some Workflows occassionally double triggered
- 🐛 Fixed issue where Linear priorities were not loading when configuring and mapping to Linear
- 🐛 Fixed issue where Linear ticket generation did not show up in dedicated incident channel when created
Rootly helps you respond to incidents faster as a team and learn to prevent them in the future.