New updates and improvements to Rootly.
🧪 Terraform Provider for Rootly
We are excited to introduce our long- awaited Terraform provider making infrastructure as code effortless.
Engineering teams can now manage Rootly directly in code making distributed ownership of their service ownership even easier.
No more needing to click into the Web platform to manage configurations, example use cases:
- Manage teams and roles
- Manage severities, incident causes, types, etc.
- Import infrastructure such as services and functionalities
Our Terraform provider can be found here and documentation here.
In addition, we also have our Rootly API available, learn more here.
🌝 New & Improved
- 🆕 Ability to configure preheader text in send email task sent via Workflows
- 🆕 Ability to turn on/off broadcasting of incident updates in channel vs. just threaded message, found in Integration > Slack
- 🆕 Templates in Workflows can be accessed as a pop-up
- 💅 Updated Jira and Confluence scopes to leverage the latest versions
- 💅 Additional guidance to Bookmarks task and PagerDuty task in Workflows
- 💅 Reliability enhancements across how we handle backend Slack interactions
- 💅 Updated
/incident convertcommand and guidance
- 💅 If roles are being reassigned we no longer notify the channel reducing noise
- 💅 Improved descriptions around Kind of incidents (e.g. Test / Training, Incidents, Scheduled Maintenance) in Workflow conditions
- 💅 Improved internal error reporting to more easily identify customer specific issues
- 🐛 Fixed issue where users could not unassign roles after the incident was resolved in Web
- 🐛 Fixed issue where active incident count on Web dashboard was incorrect
- 🐛 Fixed issue where some users occasionally were not being invited via PagerDuty
- 🐛 Fixed issue where searched items in Web occasionally did not send users to the right incident
Rootly helps you respond to incidents faster as a team and learn to prevent them in the future.